Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vibrams & All Terrains for OCR

I recently changed my sneakers for running. I spent all my time running and training with Vibrams.I like the flexibility of being able to use my whole foot and toes as Im running and attacking obstacles.I found they also worked well and stayed pretty strong during my ocr's as well as other trail runs.

Im not a fan of wet socks, or wet soles sloshing around water inside of a sneaker, so i always opted for the minimalist feel. Also the weight of  sneakers right after stepping in a 2 foot mud pit sucks and can slow you down, so I never really ran in sneakers for ocr. The times i did, i regretted it. I changed my trail training and ocr footwear to the Reebok All Terrain Supers.  They give me everything i wanted as far as the minimulist feel, they are light wieght and brush off easy in about 2-3 steps, they transition between obstacles as easly and have drain port holes of the bottom for water drainage.

These sneakers are greay going thru mudpits and climbing up/down mud hills.
Although a couple of things i noticed about this sneaker is it does not do the good on concrete as far as turns and corners and definitely not good for wood. Such as running on boardwalk surfaces, planks, and ramps. Also in my opinion its not made "tough".  the mesh and vinyl or whatever it is going aroung the sneaker started peeling after 1 trail run and 2 ocrs.  All around a great sneaker and i give it a 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment